Amanda-Users

RE: amanda cygwin question(s)

2006-07-06 10:31:11
Subject: RE: amanda cygwin question(s)
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:24:10 +0100
Hi Again whats does it say on the client's Linux of causer /tmp/amanda

amandad.date.debug
amcheck.date.debug

I assume you have created the similar directories for your windoze box.
Also can you run tcpdump to dump traffic on a network.

# tcpdump host <amanda_client> > /tmp/log_of_your_dump_packets

I used tcpdump to check my client servers status and I thus was bale to
sort my firewall which isn't your issue I know.

I assume you are looking for tests to do from your windoze So I guess I
am stuck all my windoze clients are only accessible from their work
group and I backup them individualy with the ntbackup utiltiy as they
are really only running standalone apps.

Cheers

Cheers

Chuck