Amanda-Users

Re: irix 6.5 install help

2006-07-03 15:13:31
Subject: Re: irix 6.5 install help
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 15:08:44 -0400
Hi,

* Sung, Raymond CW <R.C.W.Sung AT hw.ac DOT uk> [20060627 10:40]:
> Dear Amanda Users,
>
> I'm new to using makefiles and I need to install the client part of Amanda on
> an IRIX 6.5 machine.

I was away all week last week so I'll jump in even though
this thread seems to be dead.

I have an irix box (O3800) setup as an amanda server and a few other
clients (irix and linux/debian) and for the irix side of things I
don't see any advantages of compiling 64bits. I use the ABI n32
(/etc/compiler.defaults contains '-DEFAULT:abi=n32:isa=mips4:proc=r10k')
and never had any problems configuring and compiling amanda using the
irix native C compiler, though I haven't had a go at amanda 2.5.x

I use something of the sort: (that's for a STK L80 tape library
and amanda 2.4.5 and is site-specific so ymmv)

./configure                                 \
--prefix=/opt/amanda/amanda1                \
--with-user=amanda                          \
--with-group=sys                            \
--with-config=stk-conf1                     \
--with-tape-device=/hw/tape/tps11d1nrnsv    \
--with-changer-device=/dev/changer          \
--with-gnutar=/usr/freeware/bin/tar         \
--with-tape-server=bullcalf                 \
--with-index-server=bullcalf                \
--with-includes=/usr/freeware/include       \
--with-libraries=/usr/freeware/lib32

Make sure the user amanda exists before installing.
/dev/changer point to the real scsi device of the library:
/dev/changer -> /hw/scsi/sc11d9l0
Check your version of tar. tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25 works for me.
I have a mix of DLEs with xfsdump and gnutar. works fine.

HTH
jf