Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck extecting tape mismatch error

2006-06-30 09:45:29
Subject: Re: amcheck extecting tape mismatch error
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:40:18 -0400
On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 12:46:56PM +0200, Stefan Eissing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i was unsuccessful finding an answer, so I turned here. Apologies if
> this has been asked for a zillion times already:
>
> In amanda 2.4.5 amcheck returned an error and sent a mail when the
> tape did have a wrong labvel. Under 2.4.5 it still detects the label
> mismatch, but this is not recognized as an error and, by default, no
> mail is generated.

You list the same amanda version numbers.
Hard for the same version to be different from itself ;)
I suspect you mean 2.5.?? has changed.

> My question:
> - is this an intended change of behavior or a bug?
> - is there a configuration workaround or a patch?
> - if none of the above: shall i try to write one?

I don't recall any mention of that being an intended change.

I don't have a working 2.4.x version to check, but I can
confirm that when the 2.5.0 amcheck is run interactively,
it doesn't even list the wrong tape as a "WARNING" or "NOTE".
Just mentions it like it mentions the holding disk size and
exits with a zero status.  And as you say, with the -m option,
no mail is sent.

Seems like an inappropriate behavior to me.  Bug report time?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)