Amanda-Users

Cant send Amanda email notifications to a new user - who is to be notified and take ownership of tapes.

2006-06-25 11:01:51
Subject: Cant send Amanda email notifications to a new user - who is to be notified and take ownership of tapes.
From: "chuck.amadi" <chuck.amadi AT ntlworld DOT com>
To: amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>, amadi.chuck AT gmail DOT com
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:54:34 +0100
Hi List

I have had to move a finance/sql-ledger SLES server to new premesis of our spun out company.

Thus I have an issue sending amanda email notifcations.

I have edit/vi amanda.conf file and amend the mailto: "root AT old.co DOT uk" which sent a Amanda email reports and notifications to me, I had in /etc/aliases file as below;

root: root, admin, chuck
admin: root, chuck
amanda: root, admin, chuck

Thus when I amend mailto: "root AT old.co DOT uk" to "user AT newcompany.co DOT uk" and rhn amcheck I don't recieve any Amanda emails but when I run from CLI echo "test amanda"¦ mail user AT newcompany.co DOT uk I get the test email OK.

I am using Postfix to relay mail and when I check tail -f /var/log/mail

I see that email sent to has user AT server.newcompany.co DOT uk instead of user AT newcompany.co DOT uk its adding the server name to the address.

Any useful tips as this is racking my brain on whats going on.

As I assume the mailto parameter will email the amanda reports to whoever in the comma separated list.

Cheers