Amanda-Users

RE: HOST DOWN error connecting to new client

2006-06-14 12:11:45
Subject: RE: HOST DOWN error connecting to new client
From: "Matt Emmott" <memmott AT jerkychew DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:40:24 -0400

I've rebooted both servers to rule out any network wackiness, and I'm still
having the same problem. A chkconfig shows that the Amanda service is in
fact running under xinetd. I was wondering if there's any other way to
connect directly to the machine to see if it is in fact answering requests
on those ports? Would a simple NMAP scan work? Can I telnet to the ports and
get some kind of response?

I am running an older version of Amanda on the server than I am on the
client - would that make any difference? I'm kind of stuck at the moment, so
any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Matt