Amanda-Users

Debug info from amtape

2006-06-07 19:12:08
Subject: Debug info from amtape
From: Josh Steadmon <steadmon AT cs.utk DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 18:02:06 -0400
Hi all,

I've recently upgraded my Amanda server to 2.5.0p2, and I think that
debugging information has somehow been turned on for amtape.  It runs
successfully, but I get lots of extra output:

amanda@server-> amtape utkcs reset
changer: got exit: 0 str: 1 /dev/nst0
amtape: changer is reset, slot 1 is loaded.
amanda@server-> amtape utkcs show
changer: got exit: 0 str: 1 5 1
changer_query: changer return was 5 1
changer_query: searchable = 0
amtape: scanning all 5 slots in tape-changer rack:
changer_find: looking for NULL changer is searchable = 0
changer: got exit: 0 str: 1 /dev/nst0
slot 1: date 20060601 label UTKCS23
changer: got exit: 0 str: 2 /dev/nst0
slot 2: date 20060601 label UTKCS24
changer: got exit: 0 str: 3 /dev/nst0
slot 3: date 20060605 label UTKCS25
changer: got exit: 0 str: 4 /dev/nst0
slot 4: date 20060427 label UTKCS26
changer: got exit: 0 str: 5 /dev/nst0
slot 5: date 20060427 label UTKCS27

I've still got the 2.4.5 binaries, and they don't show the same
behavior:
amanda@server-> /sw/backups-02/sbin/amtape utkcs reset
amtape: changer is reset, slot 1 is loaded.
amanda@server-> /sw/backups-02/sbin/amtape utkcs show
amtape: scanning all 5 slots in tape-changer rack:
slot 1: date 20060601 label UTKCS23
slot 2: date 20060601 label UTKCS24
slot 3: date 20060605 label UTKCS25
slot 4: date 20060427 label UTKCS26
slot 5: date 20060427 label UTKCS27

Both sets of binaries are using the same config files. I thought at first
that the DEBUG_CODE build variable might be causing the problem, but that
was defined when I compiled 2.4.5 as well.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Josh Steadmon