Amanda-Users

Re: Fiber Channel Library with amanda and linux

2006-06-07 11:57:42
Subject: Re: Fiber Channel Library with amanda and linux
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 11:51:01 -0400
* Anne M. Hammond <hammond AT lcd.Colorado DOT EDU> [20060606 13:59]:
> Is anyone using a fiber channel tape drive or library
> with amanda and linux?

We have a STK-L180 library and LTO drives (all fibre channel) on a SAN
and even though it's not in use by amanda right now I did some tests
when we got the unit and I had no trouble driving the library with mtx
and the drives with mt so amanda would run quite happilly on such a
setup.

Bottom line: if you can drive the robot with mtx and the drives
with mt you're home free wrt amanda.

hth
jf

--