Amanda-Users

tape spanning not automatic

2006-05-24 19:55:02
Subject: tape spanning not automatic
From: "Chan, Victor" <vchan AT csifinancial DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:50:01 -0600

Hi Y’all,

I had just upgraded to Amanda 2.5, knowing that it has the tape spanning option.  I use an Dell Powervault 122T, which uses 40GB/80GB tapes.  For some reason, it’s not quite working right.  The daily backups usually doesn’t require a 2nd time, but sometimes it does.  It seems that if it requires a 2nd tape, the amdump operation will hang when the 1st tape is full.  That is, until I go into the server, do an ./amcheck (config).  It’ll tell me that amdump is running… blah blah blah….. then it moves on to the 2nd tape and finishes the operation.  Here’s my Amanda.conf configuration below:

Please let me know if I need to provide more config details……

Victor

dumpcycle 6 days

runspercycle 5

runtapes 2

tapecycle 6 tapes

tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"

changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/test/changer"

tapedev "/dev/nst0"

changerdev "/dev/sg2"

amrecover_do_fsf yes

amrecover_check_label yes

tapetype DLTape-IV

labelstr "^MY-TAPE-[0-9][0-9]*$"

diskdir "var/tmp"

disksize 10000 MB

infofile "/usr/adm/amanda/test/curinfo"

logfile "/usr/adm/amanda/test/log"

indexdir "/usr/adm/amanda/test/index"

define tapetype DLTape-IV {

comment "DLTape-IV"

length 34489 mbytes

filemark 13 kbytes

speed 1400 kps

}

define dumptype comp-server-tar {

program "GNUTAR"

tape_splitsize 4 Gb

index yes

}

Here are the contents of the /usr/local/etc/Amanda/test/changer file:

firstslot=1

lastslot=8

cleanslot=8

driveslot=0