Amanda-Users

Re: Backup with dump program

2006-05-18 11:16:59
Subject: Re: Backup with dump program
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:11:00 -0400
On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 07:21:42PM +0530, Rajeh kuri enlightened us:
> I am new to the  Amanda utility and evaluating it on SUSE Linux
> 10(2.6.16 kernel)
> I have been trying to backup the my home directory using dump program.
>
> The amstatus showing
> planner: ["backup path",all estimate failed]
>
> but iam able to backup using "GNU TAR" program.
>
> Can I know what is going wrong.
> If iam not giving enough info for clue please let me know what need to be
> sent.

Generally dump is used to do complete filesystems, not subdirectories. You
*can* use dump for subdirectories, but you can only do full (level 0) dumps,
not incrementals.

Without more information, we can't tell you what's wrong.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics