Amanda-Users

Runspercycle?

2006-05-18 10:22:32
Subject: Runspercycle?
From: "John Clement" <john.clement AT readingroom DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:18:07 +0100
Hi list,

I've got a no brainer for you, what is runspercycle?  I've rtfmed but
the explanation just dones't make sense to me.

At the moment I've got

Dumpcycle 4
Runspercycle 1
Tapecycle 10

Its set up so it runs every Mon-Thurs night and we have two weeks worth.
I've noticed that it appears to be doing level 0 on everything every
night, pressumably because it's a 400GB tape and the total data that's
backed up at the moment is considerably less.  Is there any way of
forcing amanda to only do the level 0 once and grab incrementals the
rest of the time, I thought I'd set it up like this, but something is
obviously wrong somewhere...

Thanks, as always!

john