Amanda-Users

amcheck error : can not execute ...

2006-04-18 12:46:14
Subject: amcheck error : can not execute ...
From: Thomas Ginestet <thomas.ginestet AT gpsa DOT fr>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:39:46 +0200
Hi list !

I've got this error message when running amcheck:

ERROR: www-dev: [can not execute /sbin/dump: No such file or directory]
ERROR: www-dev: [can not execute /sbin/restore: No such file or directory]
ERROR: www-dev: [can not read/write /var/lib/dumpdates: No such file or directory]

www-dev is my remote client which I want to back-up.
I've read several thread about guys who had this error and I found this relevant answer:

"There was no dump program available when you configured amanda.  If
you're going to back up with gnutar, there's no problem, but you'll
have to live with the message unless you rebuild amanda after setting
DUMP to /usr/bin/true or something like that."

Do you think it's the same problem i've got ?

The problem is that I ran apt from this client in order to install amanda. Do you think I can reconfigure Amanda ? (dpkg-reconfigure with special options ?)

thks for any suggestion

Thomas