Amanda-Users

Re: recover disks under amanda

2006-04-11 14:45:49
Subject: Re: recover disks under amanda
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:40:27 -0400
On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 03:04:46PM -0300, Pedro Drimel Neto enlightened us:
> I'm using amrecover to recover the files of disks that amanda copy to the
> TAPE. I have a simple doubt: When I do a amdump it record the label
> BACKUP001 it OK but if I try to recover the tape BACKUP002 after the dump
> of BACKUP001 it want only the BACKUP001, how do I say to amrecover that I
> want to recover data files of BACKUP002 ?
>
> Any idea ?
>
> PS.: If I have to do this recover with another tool, no problems.
>
> Best regards.

amrecover restores based on date. It will tell you which tapes it needs to
return you to that date.

amrestore will do mass dumping of backups from whichever tape you chose.
That may be more what you're looking for.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics