Amanda-Users

snapshot volume using LVM2 and gnutar as dump program timeout?

2006-04-06 10:55:12
Subject: snapshot volume using LVM2 and gnutar as dump program timeout?
From: "Dennis Ortsen" <dortsen AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:49:09 +0200
Hi all,

I'm using amanda 2.4.5 (RPM package from Fedora Core 4).

I've got amanda running for a few months now, and am ready to move all
hosts from the old backup server (BackupExec) to the server running
amanda. On a few servers we used to work with LVM snapshot volumes to
backup our data. When we configure amanda to backup a snapshot volume
using gnutar, we seem to have a problem with the planner timing out on
the estimate.

The planner needs the estimate in order to make a solid decision on
which disk to backup when and what level of backup is needed. All the
other backups run fine, but whenever I want to backup a snapshot
volume created with LVM2, I get a long timeout which eventually times
out...

Someone any idea's?

Thanks in advance,

Dennis