Amanda-Users

Re: DUMP: You can't update the dumpdates file when dumping a subdirectory

2006-04-05 15:06:33
Subject: Re: DUMP: You can't update the dumpdates file when dumping a subdirectory
From: Bruce Thompson <drllama AT otherother DOT com>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:57:22 -0700

On Apr 5, 2006, at 11:00 AM, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 at 6:51pm, Anne Wilson wrote

Following advice from Gene and the advice in the thread 'Strugging with splits in 2.5.0' I tried to set up to dump in DVD-size chunks. The dump appeared to
run, but eventually the report came back that it had failed.

*snip*

What have I missed?

program "GNUTAR"

in the dumptype.

You may also want to set up a split_diskbuffer in a location that can hold at least one tape_splitsize buffer.

I've got a 10G holding area and 4G tapes. My largest (current) filesystem is coming in at about 15G. My tape_splitsize is set to 400M.

When my largest filesystem is backed up (I'm using GNUTAR), I see about 400M in use in the split_diskbuffer directory, then the tapes start filling up.

So, setting split_diskbuffer may be the solution for you.

Hope this helps!
Bruce.

believed to be clean.