Amanda-Users

Re: /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts

2006-04-04 23:06:47
Subject: Re: /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 22:57:26 -0400
On Tuesday 04 April 2006 18:54, Salvatore Enrico Indiogine wrote:
>I am having trouble with the correct syntax of
>/var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts on server and clients
>
>Server = number3
>Client = maigret
>
>Section from /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts on server - number3
>
>maigret          root
>number3        amanda
>number3        root
>

>/var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts on client - maigret
>
>number3        amanda
>number3        root
>
>When I run 'amcheck test' on number3 (the server) it works.  If I
>change to FQDN it does not.

For complete coverage of all the configs you may try, you will need, in
the .amandahosts file, 4 entries for each machine.

FQDN  root
FQDN  amanda_user
ALIAS of FQDN root
ALIAS of FQDN amanda_user.

The amanda_user is for making the the backups, and the root user is for
recovering them.

You are showing only the alias, which must be in the /etc/hosts file
IIRC for that to work.  We're assuming the hosts file already has the
FQDN of each machine.

>On client maigret I run:
>
>sudo /usr/sbin/amrecover -C test -s number3 -t number3 -d TEST-3
>AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p3. Contacting server on number3 ...
>amrecover: cannot connect to number3: Connection refused
>
>Any suggestions?  Thanks.
>
>--
>Enrico Indiogine
>Parasol Laboratory