Amanda-Users

Re: amanda 2.5.0 : tar 1.15 required ?

2006-03-31 14:35:03
Subject: Re: amanda 2.5.0 : tar 1.15 required ?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:28:02 -0500
On Friday 31 March 2006 12:51, FM wrote:
>Hello,
>I try to rebuild amanda 2.5 with srpm from : http://www.zmanda.com for
>RedHat Enterprise 3
>
>the spec ask for tar 1.15. I can easily change that but before that I
>just what to be just that it is a requirement
>
>reg

The fact is that we know at least some versions of 1.14 that are busted
would seem to the operative phrase here.  I have both 1.13-25 and
1.15-1 installed here, from tarballs, and they both work fine with
amanda-2.5.0. 1.14 seems to be the odd man out for many.  Something
about sparse file handling isn't right IIRC.

message by Gene Heskett are: