Amanda-Users

amanda 2.4.4p3 debian client stops responding after upgrade

2006-03-30 16:53:34
Subject: amanda 2.4.4p3 debian client stops responding after upgrade
From: "Lengyel, Florian" <FLengyel AT gc.cuny DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:51:03 -0500

I've started a new thread. My apologies to the list for
being unaware of the role of other mail headers (hidden to me
by my unsophisticated email client) in thread discrimination.
>From the beginning, on the server host, one machine, which
underwent an apt-get update followed by an apt-get upgrade,
prior to an install of OpenNMS, now fails to respond:

amanda@amanda ~]$ amcheck Daily
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /var/tmp/amanda: 12439716 KB disk space available, that's plenty
amcheck-server: slot 19: date 20060228 label Daily019 (exact label match)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape Daily019 label ok
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/Daily/curinfo/rdhcp/_var: does not exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/Daily/index/rdhcp/_var: does not exist
Server check took 35.617 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
WARNING: rdhcp: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
Client check: 8 hosts checked in 29.759 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p3)
[amanda@amanda ~]$