Amanda-Users

Re: Whats next after Amanda 2.5

2006-03-30 11:39:16
Subject: Re: Whats next after Amanda 2.5
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Amanda Users List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:26:37 -0500
On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 08:38:12AM -0600, Graeme Humphries wrote:
> Paddy Sreenivasan wrote:
> > Joshua,
> >
> > I understand your concerns. Schily tar support (when implemented) will
> > be one of the supported dump programs and will be configurable for
> > DLE.
> >
> So, if I understand it correctly, star support is primarly because
> AMANDA currently doesn't back up ACLs?

I thought, when the "application api" was implemented, star would be
just one of "any" backup programs that could be inserted into the stream.

BTW, on Solaris star, would also have the advantage of not affecting ANY
of the 3 time stamps in the inode.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)