Amanda-Users

A question about RAIT with mixed vtapes, and physical tapes

2006-03-29 08:01:55
Subject: A question about RAIT with mixed vtapes, and physical tapes
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:58:28 -0500
I'm setting up a new system using RAIT with one vtape, and one physical
tape in each RAIT set. I only have room on my disks for 5 vtapes, but I
have 25 tapes. I would like to just have the last 5 backup sets (one week)
on the vtapes at any one time, but rotate through all 25 physical tapes.

Can I do this?

How can I label just the physical tapes without overwrite the labels on the
vtapes?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror