Amanda-Users

tapetype w/compression for a HP Ultrium LTO 1 drive

2006-03-17 12:03:53
Subject: tapetype w/compression for a HP Ultrium LTO 1 drive
From: "Salada, Duncan S \(Titan\) @ TITAN" <duncan.salada AT L-3Com DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:00:04 -0500
Hello,

I'm having trouble getting amtapetype to give me a 200gb tapetype for a HP
Ultrium LTO 1 drive.  It tells me that hardware compression is on, and I've
tried using "-e200g" with "-f/dev/rmt/0ubn" and "-f/dev/rmt/0cbn" in
desperation.  But it still will only give me the 100gb tapetype:

define tapetype Ultrium_I-HP_C7145_233S {
    comment "just produced by tapetype prog (hardware compression on)"
    length 100864 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 14228 kps
}

I'm using amanda-2.4.5p1 on Solaris 10.  I've searched around for a while but
I've found nothing.  Any hints/explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Duncan