Amanda-Users

Re: how to split partitions

2006-03-16 07:35:53
Subject: Re: how to split partitions
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: listrcv <listrcv AT condor-werke DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:32:17 +0100
Hi,

As far as I've been reading here and in the docs, I would have to set up dumptypes using tar and exclude lists. I would somehow backup /home/[a-c]*, /home/[d-f]* and so on.

But that doesn't seem to be a good solution. I would have to create 10 different dumptypes and 10 exclude lists to get it going from a-z and for /home itselfe in case there are directories/files created that have other names than those starting with a-z.

There must be some better way ...

Don't forget that you can define exclude patterns inline in your disklist file:

srv1    /homes/a        comp-user-tar 1
srv1    /homes/b        comp-user-tar 1
srv1    /homes/c        comp-user-tar 1
[...etc...]
srv1    /homes/z        comp-user-tar 1
srv1    /homes {
        comp-user-tar
        exclude append "./[a-z]"
        } 1

No need to define a proper dumptype for every exclusion under the sun.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29