Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover tar: ./tmp/enterprise-file-recovery: Cannot open: Not a directory

2006-03-07 08:32:16
Subject: Re: amrecover tar: ./tmp/enterprise-file-recovery: Cannot open: Not a directory
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 14:28:21 +0100
Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator wrote:
I still unable to trouble shoot I can see the file and other files and
directories but unable to extract.

Error Message output

amanda tar: ./tmp/myserver-file-recovery: Cannot open: Not a directory

It would seem to me you didn't have the necessary permissions to create the directory `tmp' when you did the restore. That's either because you weren't root, or you were on an NFS-mounted file-system with root squashing, or a file named `tmp' existed in your current directory.

I always restore (space permitting) into my machine's local /tmp as root, in order to avoid this kind of problem.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29