Amanda-Users

Preparing to migrate

2006-03-04 09:39:06
Subject: Preparing to migrate
From: "Byarlay, Wayne A." <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 09:34:45 -0500
Hi folks, I'm getting to migrate my AMANDA from one server to another,
and I was just wondering if there were any pitfalls I should be aware
of. Let me describe my config:

Current setup:

AMANDA 2.4.4p1 on a RH9, backing up to Disk using the tape changer
method. Installed using the downloaded amanda package; not an RPM or
default RedHat install.

Desired setup: RHE4, Amanda installed using the RHE4 first-time install,
and I want to be backing up the same systems using the same config
files, if possible. (amanda.conf location may have changed, etc.) The
new AMANDA Host will have the SAME NAME AND IP ADDRESS as the old one.

Any gotchas I should be aware of, client-wise or system-wise?

Thank you for your time,

WAB