Amanda-Users

Re: suprising amtapetype error

2006-03-01 10:01:43
Subject: Re: suprising amtapetype error
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:00:50 -0500
On Wednesday 01 March 2006 09:44, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>   amtapetype: The tape is already used, use -o to overwrite the tape
>
> Uhh, yeah, I used it for a tar.  And you used it after that for
> the "-c" check.  But you didn't complain for the -c check.

I dunno what to say. It's the exact same test both times. And it's not
checking for the existence of a label. But I will say that it is actually
very difficult to detect in a portable way if the data on a tape is "real" or
not.; some tapes will happily give you garbage the first time you read.

--Ian
--
Zmanda: Open Source Data Protection and Archiving.
        http://www.zmanda.com