Amanda-Users

Re: amandad can't be started

2006-02-23 16:17:17
Subject: Re: amandad can't be started
From: Patrick Mania <pmania AT tzi DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:08:25 +0100
Jon LaBadie wrote:

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 04:34:19PM +0100, Patrick Mania wrote:
Dear group,

The problem is, that the amandad canŽt be started.

I execute $Prefix/libexec/amandad, this takes a while (30 secs) and breaks.

amandad is not intended to run continually nor to be run from the command line.
It starts as needed by {x}inetd and communicates over the network.
You are just seeing its timeout and exit when no one is talking to it
over the network.

Hi Jon,

thanks for your reply. I´ve just started the amandad manually because on "amcheck" from the amanda server the result is "request timed out" for this machine.

Greetings,
Patrick