Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck loocup problems

2006-02-22 14:06:28
Subject: Re: amcheck loocup problems
From: "Ram \"TK\" Krishnamurthy" <tk AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Glenn English <ghe AT slsware DOT com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:00:23 -0800
What exactly does the log files say?
Any change in firewall / security settings?

Thanks
tk

Glenn English wrote:
Last night, for the first time, a large part of my backup failed because neither of the hosts on the dmz could be located. I ran amcheck. It failed too, saying the name lookup failed and giving 192.168.20.239 as the IP for both of them. It got the net part right, but one is 20 and the other is 218.

I ran ping, which does its lookup in /etc/hosts, and it worked. I ran host to check DNS, and it worked. I tried a reverse lookup on the 239 IP, and it could not be found. And all my networking is working normally.

I restarted bind, but amcheck came up with the same thing. Grep -r (as root) says the string '192.168.20.239' does not exist in /etc. It looks like everybody but amdump and amcheck find the IPs with no trouble. And I can't think of where the 239 IP is coming from. Any suggestions?