Amanda-Users

Re: request failed: timeout waiting for ACK

2006-02-22 05:58:01
Subject: Re: request failed: timeout waiting for ACK
From: Stefan Herrmann <magic99de AT web DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:52:13 +0100

Am 21.02.2006 um 16:56 schrieb Jon LaBadie:
On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 09:45:32AM +0100, Stefan Herrmann wrote:
hello list,

i made a fresh install of "Amanda 2.5.0b2" on a debian 3.1 system. then
i set up amanda for a hourly backup.
i did some test backups that worked ok. then i mentioned an error in
the amanda.conf and aborted the dump
manually. stopped all amanda processes on the client manually and
corrected the error. since then i get lots of
"(aborted:[request failed: timeout waiting for ACK])(too many dumper
retry)" when doing backups:

Anytime I hear "manually stopped", my first question is:

have you run amcleanup on server and client?

yep run amcleanup on the server, dont have it on the client because i compiled "--without-server"
on the client.

but got the problem fixed by reinstalling amanda on the client. perhaps a problem with permissions ?
dont know really, i'm happy that its working again.

bye
Stefan Herrmann