Amanda-Users

Re: chg-disk vs chg-multi

2006-02-05 11:11:58
Subject: Re: chg-disk vs chg-multi
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 11:08:32 -0500
On Sunday 05 February 2006 10:33, stan wrote:
>I'm just looking at using virtual tapes for the first time. One thing
> I'm unclear on is the reasons one would use chg-disk vs chg-multi.

chg-multi is designed to run amanda without a changer mechanism AFAIK.

chg-disk manages the links so that the 'data' link in the slots dir
points to the right slot.  I use it here, quite easy to configure.

Here is mine as an example only:
----------------
number_configs 1
eject  0 # Tapedrives need an eject command
sleep  60 # Seconds to wait until the tape gets ready
cleanmax 100  # How many times could a cleaning tape get used
scsitapedev /dev/sg0 # test entry per Jean-Louis request
changerdev  /dev/sg1
debuglevel 9:0
#
# Next comes the data for drive 0
#
config  0
drivenum 0
dev  /dev/nst0 # the device that is used for the tapedrive 0
startuse 0 # The slots associated with the drive 0
enduse  3 #
statfile  /usr/local/etc/amanda/tape-slot  # The file where the actual
slot is stored
#cleancart 3 # the slot where the cleaningcartridge for drive 0 is
located
#cleanfile /usr/local/etc/amanda/tape-clean # The file where the
cleanings are recorded
usagecount /usr/local/etc/amanda/totaltime

# This is the end
This was for a seagate 4586n, a 4 slot magazine changer in front of a
dds2 drive.

message by Gene Heskett are: