Amanda-Users

Re: selfcheck request timed out

2006-01-23 10:38:20
Subject: Re: selfcheck request timed out
From: Leonid Shulov <lshulov AT arabellasw DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:19:48 +0200
Paul Bijnens wrote:

Leonid Shulov wrote:

Paul Bijnens wrote:

Leonid Shulov wrote:

Suddenly my amanda stoped backup one of my users PC and I don't found why.
amcheck report:
WARNING: astp0002: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?

Did you check all the items in:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Amcheck:_selfcheck_request_timed_out

Yes.

Fine!

/tmp
drwx--S---  2 backup backup  1024 2006-01-23 12:53 amanda/

Look in the amandad.DATETIME.debug file inside that directory
for clues.

In /tmp/amanda I don't have any amandad.DATETIME.debug file

any other files?
If there is no such file at all, then it means that amandad isn't
even starting.

No files complitely

When you start as user amanda "/usr/lib/amanda/amandad" manually
from a shell, it should sit there for about 30 seconds and then
time out.  Or do you get any errors about libraries not being found
etc.?

astp0002:/var/log# /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
amandad: create debug directory "/var/log/amanda": Permission denied
astp0002:/var/log# sudo -u backup /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
amandad: create debug directory "/var/log/amanda": Permission denied

I changed  permission to 777 - but without any changing

(One remarkable about your setup is that in a normal setup, you the
amandad binary is inside the libexec directory.)

normal

amanda dgram udp wait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/amanda/amandad

You are running with tcpd.   Are the entries in /etc/hosts.allow or
/etc/hosts.deny ok?

Both files is empty

/etc/inetd.conf

Do you find any traces that tcpd logged about invoking the program
or denying access (maybe you have to increase the verbosity of syslogd).
Or just run without tcpd, to assure that is not the problem.

I changed inetd.conf:
#amanda dgram udp wait backup /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/lib/amanda/amandad amanda dgram udp wait backup /usr/lib/amanda/amandad amandad

and after that
/etc/init.d/inetd restart

After amcheck in syslog I see:
Jan 23 17:11:12 astp0002 inetd[30734]: /usr/lib/amanda/amandad: exit status 0x1
Jan 23 17:11:12 astp0002 last message repeated 38 times
Jan 23 17:11:12 astp0002 inetd[30734]: amanda/udp server failing (looping), service terminated