Amanda-Users

Re: Why no incrementals in degraded mode?

2006-01-20 08:36:22
Subject: Re: Why no incrementals in degraded mode?
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Josef Wolf <jw AT raven.inka DOT de>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:25:41 +0100
Josef Wolf wrote:
Hello!

Since I have re-installed amanda, I get no more incrementals when it runs
into degraded mode.  From the logfiles I can't find any hint why it always
does full-backups.  All DLEs are affected by this problem.  But in the
description below, I list only one DLE.

OK, you picked all the lines with evidence for not doing incrementals, and still doing full dumps. Strange indeed.
But the other lines, which you did not find important may contain the
hint why amanda did fulls instead of the expected incrementals.
The complete amanda.conf + disklist file would also be interesting
+ version of amanda.  Which version did you use before?

One of the obvious reasons, but difficult to tell from here, is that
when you re-installed, you have actually two versions instead of one.
And you update one config, but Amanda uses the other config.
Find out with "amadmin x version" and see where Amanda gets the configuration files.

It could also be a bug introduced in some later version of course.
That's why I would like to know the current+previous version. Did
you compile yourself, or used rpms?

* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *
* F6, quit, ZZ, :q, :q!, M-Z, ^X^C, logoff, logout, close, bye, /bye, *
* init 0, kill -9 1, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del, AltGr-NumLock, Stop-A, ... *