Amanda-Users

DLE 'aliasing'

2006-01-08 19:04:01
Subject: DLE 'aliasing'
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 16:41:51 -0700
OK maybe I should get flogged, but today I had/have to split a GNUTAR DLE into a couple of pieces. The problem is I'm just cutting this dir in half.... [a-m]* in one, and [n-z]* in another.... What I'm drawing a blank on is they're both in the same 'root' directory.... lets use /home/u1/ for arguments sake, so...how do I make two separate DLEs like that with different 'names' on the backup... I'm pretty sure it's possible, I'm just not seeing the example I was thinking of anywhere.

TIA!

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler