Amanda-Users

Re: Permission denyed to just some filesystems

2006-01-02 10:58:24
Subject: Re: Permission denyed to just some filesystems
From: Thomas Widhalm <widhalmt AT unix.sbg.ac DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:37:43 +0100
On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 10:17 -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 02:37:41PM +0100, Thomas Widhalm wrote:

Thanks for your help. Maybe I have overseen it the first time,
but /dev/root was owned by root:root with permissions 600. I changed
ownership to root:disk with permissions 640. This solved the problems on
two individual machines. I hope this is the correct way and I didn't
open a security breach by that.

Thanks again,
Thomas

> > Maybe you have some more hints.
> >

> Time to get more detailed info so you, I, and others can
> look for less obvious things.  I'd suggest you do another
> posting to the list with a body that describes your environment
> and problem.  Also attach files (below) from a fresh run of
> amdump where you have commented out all the disklist entries
> (DLEs) except the DLE with the problem.
>
> Files to include in your mailing would be the new logfile
> (amgetconf <config> logdir), the amdump log probably in the
> same directory, the mailed report the "mailto" user receives,
> any error messages from doing an "amcheck -c <config> <host> /",
> and check the newly created debug files (perhaps in /tmp/amanda)
> that seem, after a read through, to show error messages.
>
> The files should not be too big as there will only be one DLE
> and that DLE should fail.
>
> BTW I'd also check for silly, easily overlooked typos,
> in your disklist and amanda.conf files.

* Thomas Widhalm                             Unix Administrator *
* University of Salzburg                       ITServices (ITS) *
* Systems Management                               Unix Systems *
* Hellbrunnerstr. 34                     5020 Salzburg, Austria *
* widhalmt AT unix.sbg.ac DOT at                     +43/662/8044-6774 *
* gpg: 6265BAE6                                                 *
* http://www.sbg.ac.at/zid/organisation/mitarbeiter/widhalm.htm *