Amanda-Users

Keeping all files in the holding disk

2005-12-12 05:31:31
Subject: Keeping all files in the holding disk
From: Thomas Widhalm <widhalmt AT unix.sbg.ac DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:16:19 +0100
Hi!

Sorry, if I'm asking something obvious, but I recently got to manage an
amanda server and do not have that much experience with amanda. And we
encountered some problems recently.

We used a very old workstation to do some backups on tape until the tape
drive died. So we put in a raid of 2 200GB IDE hard disks to be our
holding disks and just don't flush to tape anymore.

My problem is now, that amanda still shows the tapes in amoverview. May
I delete all tapes from the configuration and amanda will still work? Or
do I have to leave at least one tape in the configuration.

I know, that there are better ways to get amanda save to hard disk, but
we needed a quick workaround and I'll switch to hard disk backup as soon
as I have some spare time.

Thanks for your answers,
regards,
Thomas