Amanda-Users

Re: Why do I need a dumpuser account?

2005-12-03 23:52:38
Subject: Re: Why do I need a dumpuser account?
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 23:30:58 -0500
On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 10:18:49PM -0700, mindfuq AT verizon DOT net
enlightened us:
> I started reading the "Setup the Backup Client Hosts" section of the
> Amanda docs, which immediately assumes that I have a folder
> "~dumpuser/".  It's telling me to create an ".amandahosts" file within
> that directory.  Portage did not create any such user.  Is this a user
> that I need in addition to the "amanda" user?  The client and server
> are the same machine in my case (for now).

I think "dumpuser" is just the generic term. In your case dumpuser ==
amanda. Other systems use backup or operator.

Just replace ~dumpuser with ~amanda for your configuration.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics