Amanda-Users

Re: Which ports to open in which direction...

2005-12-01 23:11:39
Subject: Re: Which ports to open in which direction...
From: David Leangen <amanda AT leangen DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 12:56:59 +0900
Thanks!

> There is a document called PORT.USAGE.  Available in the source
> "docs" directory or at amanda.org.

Actually, the precise URL is:

  http://www.amanda.org/docs/portusage.html

Ok, well, I've tried to decipher the doc, but I'm not quite sure about a
few things.

I started writing a simplified doc on the wiki for people who need to
set up a network like mine.

  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Configuration_with_iptables

It would be really great to get a little advice on how the traffic is
passed around. I read the doc, but it's still a bit unclear to me. The
page above says which program uses what port, but there seem to be a few
holes that require more research.

If anybody is interested in editing this article on the wiki, please do
so! I think (hope) that this doc could be useful for others, too.

Thank you!
Dave