Amanda-Users

Re: IO probs

2005-11-03 03:15:01
Subject: Re: IO probs
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: Glenn English <ghe AT slsware DOT com>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 09:08:13 +0100
Glenn English wrote:

> I've rebooted (the server and the client) and reinstalled (the client)
> and remounted and examined permissions, none of which made any
> difference at all.
>
> Any thoughts?

What permissions does the AMANDA-user have on the problematic DLE?
Maybe the AMANDA-user is not allowed to traverse that DLE, make sure
that amanda belongs to a group allowed to do that. Also check the
permissions of the directory above the DLE.

You mentioned that this DLE is a mounted disk? Check the
mount-parameters for any options related to groups and users.

If you get "permission denied" you still have a permission-problem ;)

Stefan.