Amanda-Users

Re: My Monthly archive config - issue (Trying to source and use a tape changer if possible)

2005-09-30 13:12:45
Subject: Re: My Monthly archive config - issue (Trying to source and use a tape changer if possible)
From: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:08:30 +0300
Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator wrote:

I have found a SCSI tape drive spec below it was once used for backups
prior to moving over to Amanda.

External Seagate DAT subsystem for NT, Windows, NetWare, DDS-3
recording format, consists of STD124000N DAT drive (data
transfer rate 2.2 MB/s, 24 GB capacity with DDS-DC data
compression), tabletop enclosure, tape, 1 m cable with 50pin
high density plug,

Thus could this possible be used a a tape changer I have checked the
Amanda homepage but doesn't mention any devices.

I'm not acquainted with the device described above, but the description doesn't mention anywhere that it's a changer. Looks more like an external tape drive.

If you can connect this to your existing backup server as a *second* tape drive, then you can most likely setup Amanda to use both drives. I've read that Amanda has a changer script for this purpose, called chg-multi, but I haven't used it with real tape drives myself.

---
... Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)