Amanda-Users

Re: Unable to amrestore my disk partitions

2005-09-22 09:41:23
Subject: Re: Unable to amrestore my disk partitions
From: "John R. Jackson" <jrj AT purdue DOT edu>
To: chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:24:59 -0500
>I have tried amrecover which seemed to of worked except I had no data,
>file or directories within backups, homes, data1, shares, projecta, and
>var. I did get the partition name but not the sub-directiories.

I think we'll need a little more info about how you ran amrecover.

Based on the sizes reported in your amdump output, a lot of data was
processed.  For the moment, let's assume it was the right data :-).

So if the data/tape is OK, the question is what happened during the
restore.  How did you start amrecover and what did it say?  What commands
did you issue and what output did you get from amrecover and/or GNU tar?

What version of GNU tar are you using (tar --version)?

The amrecover.*.debug file in the Amanda temp directory might also help.

>Chuck Amadi

John R. Jackson, Senior Systems Analyst, Engineering Solutions, Inc