Amanda-Users

Re: Maintaining Patches and Bugs

2005-09-21 14:01:55
Subject: Re: Maintaining Patches and Bugs
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: Amanda Hackers <amanda-hackers AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:57:10 +0200
Scott R. Burns wrote:

> I think the central repository of known issues (like say send-pr used
> by NetBSD) would be a huge step forward in organizing things.

The AMANDA core team will try to make more use of the features
Sourceforge provides.

I have started adding patches to the Patches-Tracker at SF, which should
be publicly available now. The patches apply to the 2.4.5-tarball in
general.

This patches-tracker should be used as some sort of central repository
for patches that are yet to be tested and discussed. These patches are
not intended to be used in production environments.

Over the next days we will add more patches to this new tracker and work
on a new scheme to categorize and handle patches. I have a few patches
in my TODO-box, that I have received over the last weeks, so look out
for more.

Please feel free to submit new versions of your patches, maybe also with
some helpful and compact notes to be used in the tracker. I would also
be happy if the various authors could take a look if I didn't overlook
some important detail of their work.

Best regards,
Stefan

--