Amanda-Users

Re: vtapes documentation

2005-09-05 06:09:56
Subject: Re: vtapes documentation
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:39:02 +0200
Gavin Henry wrote:
Hi Guys,

Been a while, but that's due to Amanda being so rock solid!!!

I am about to try a new setup using vtapes, as a new client won't be
getting a tape drive for about 5 weeks, but would like Amanda setup now.
Then when it arrives, we will be moving on to tapes.

However, I can't seem to find anything in the main docs about vtapes?

If there is and I have missed it, then sorry, if there isn't, then I could
work on whatever we have and then speak to Stefan to work with him to get
them added to the core docs?

What about

http://www.amanda.org/docs/howto-filedriver.html

?

This is where the term "vtape" originates ...

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member