Amanda-Users

AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: big Problem with restoring a backup

2005-09-01 10:13:59
Subject: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: big Problem with restoring a backup
From: Sebastian Kösters <skoesters AT sino DOT de>
To: "'Paul Bijnens'" <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 15:05:45 +0200
Hi and thanks

>In a previous message you said you "loaded the tape manually".
>OK, these are vtapes.  How did you load the tape "manually".
>How did you do that?

amtape config slot 4 (4 = DailySet104)

i loaded the correct tape (here: DailySet104) with the command amtape config
slot 4.

Then i started amrecover -t ... -s .... -C ....
-sethost
-setdisk
-setdate
-ls
-add ....
-extract

Then i get the error (like i said only with the level 0 which is
DailySet104. DailySet106 which is a Level 1 Backup works fine).

>The above strongly suggest that you did to amrecover something
>like:  settape DailySet104
>That's wrong.

>But here it seems you used as tapedevice not "DailySet104", but
>"file:/backup/config".
>That strongly makes me believe too, that the two sessions are not
>from the same run, and that the two command sequences have different
>error causes.

>Are you sure the "file:/backup/config" directory is the root
>directory of the chg-disk environment (i.e. with the slotX directories
>below it?

Yes. "file:/backup/config" is the root directory.

I have:

"file:/backup/config"

                |-------slot1
                                |-----backupfiles