Amanda-Users

Re: backing up windows PCs using smb client

2005-08-26 14:04:09
Subject: Re: backing up windows PCs using smb client
From: "Mangala Gunadasa" <mgunadas AT montefiore DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:22:37 -0400
Greetings

Currently, we are backing up 6 unix servers using amanda. We would like
to backup our Windows PCs also and were able to use AMANDA to backup C
and D drives etc... using smbclient. One of our windows experts pointed
out that backing up C and D drives is not enough and we also need to
backup windows registry to be able perform a successful restore. When C
drive is backed up using smbclient, are we also backing up the
registry?. If not how to do this?.

I really appreciate any suggestions.

Thank You,

Mangala Gunadasa