Amanda-Users

Have an issue with amanda extracting - cannot connect to server.co.uk: Connection refused

2005-08-09 06:09:39
Subject: Have an issue with amanda extracting - cannot connect to server.co.uk: Connection refused
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:55:56 +0100
Hi I have two amanda tape servers within the organisation I managed
successful to do a disaster recovery exercise for main file server -
worked accordingly but on the second tape server for our spin off
company I get the the following I am able to run daily amdumps and
amchecks with no error messages Thus please could you direct where I can
find out whats causing the extract problem.

O/S SuSE SLES 9 Amanda version (2.4.4p2).

The makeup is identical and I checked the ~.amamdahosts file.

localhost amanda
localhost root
server.co.uk amanda
server.co.uk root

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst0 on host server.co.uk.

The following tapes are needed: DailySet110

Restoring files into directory /

Continue [?/Y/n]? y

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst0 on host server.co.uk.

Load tape DailySet110 now

Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? y

cannot connect to server.co.uk: Connection refused

amrecover - can't talk to tape server

amrecover>

Cheers

Chuck