Amanda-Users

My First changer.debug

2005-08-03 22:26:35
Subject: My First changer.debug
From: Marcus <ashogunnamedmarcus AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 19:06:48 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, I'm sure this is simple but I don't know how to
figure it out.
So far I can make my Adic Fastor do basic stuff with
tar, mt and mtx. So I try to get amlabel to pick a
slot and label it, and this happens

MT -> /usr/sbin/ammt -f
DD -> /usr/sbin/amdd
Args -> -slot 1
     -> loaded -1
     -> load   1
     -> status 1
     -> res
Exit -> 1

So I mtx -f /dev/sg1 load 1 the drive, and nix the
slot option for amlabel. That gets me:

MT -> /usr/sbin/ammt -f
DD -> /usr/sbin/amdd
Args -> -slot current
     -> loaded -1
Exit -> 1 /dev/nst0

I don't understand how to read this. They look like
incomplete commands? If there's something that
explains how to decipher this I'd check it out. Here's
the hardware section of amanda.conf:

runtapes 7
tpchanger "chg-mtx"
tapedev "/dev/nst0"
rawtapedev "/dev/null"
#changerfile "/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/changer"
#changerfile
"/var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status"
#changerfile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/sg1"
tapetype DLT
labelstr "^camorigs[0-9][0-9]*$"

Thanks for any help!