Amanda-Users

Fwd: coud not bind result datagram port

2005-06-29 14:01:57
Subject: Fwd: coud not bind result datagram port
From: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT mamacass.ucsd DOT edu>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:50:22 -0700
Hi, I recently decided I would upgrade from amanda 2.4.2p2 to
2.4.5 on my Sun Solaris 8 server.  Things seem to build and
compile fine but on initial test of things, amcheck failed with
the following message

        >amcheck mama
        amcheck: could not bind result datagram port: Invalid argument

The amcheck...debug file says this

        amcheck: debug 1 pid 24821 ruid 1004 euid 0: start at Tue Jun 28
17:11:18 2005
        amcheck: dgram_bind: socket() failed: Invalid argument
        amcheck: could not bind result datagram port: Invalid argument
        amcheck: pid 24821 finish time Tue Jun 28 17:11:18 2005

"Invalide argument"?

I thought it had to do with the fact that I tried to limit the udp
port range, initially.  I ultimately decided to compile with no udp/tcp
limits at all (accepting the default of "unlimited") and still get the
same error message.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Paul

--
Paul Yeatman       (858) 534-9896        pyeatman AT ucsd DOT edu