Amanda-Users

Re: Re[2]: Problems compiling Amanda on Solaris

2005-06-23 11:35:55
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Problems compiling Amanda on Solaris
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:27:16 -0400
On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:04:42AM -0400, khalid maqsudi wrote:
> Yes,  I had a hard time figuring this out and it was not anywhere on google.
> Most solaris distro's default to system V version of make.  That would be
> great if you added it to the docs.  Thank you.

Anyone got a pointer to docs describing the difference
in gnu and sysv make?  I wouldn't be surprised if some
gun stuff needed the features of gnu make, but I'm
always amazed how often gnu make doesn't seem to work
with older sysv makefiles.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)