Amanda-Users

Re: awstats and amnda

2005-06-21 10:41:54
Subject: Re: awstats and amnda
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:23:17 -0400
On Tuesday 21 June 2005 04:57, Anthony Worrall wrote:
>I might be wrong but amplot seems to give information on a single
> run.

Yes I believe so.  I've never given it a wild card to see what it
shows for the whole tapelist.  As it treats time as the horizontal
scale, I'd guess it would require a long horizontal scroll to read it
all, and obviously thats not what you have in mind.

>The idea of using awstats is to give historical information over
> months Also I am already using awstats for web and ftp servers so
> it would be easier
>to have on place to look at stats.

To do it over months will probably require some method of retaining a
synopsis of the data over a period of time longer than the tapecycle
is in many setups.  Here, thats only 21 days, at the end of which
amanda cleans house in the logs as the tapes are re-used...

Its an interesting idea though. :)

[...]

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: