Amanda-Users

Re: R: dump larger than tape, 2867765 KB, but cannot incremental dump newdisk

2005-06-16 10:23:36
Subject: Re: R: dump larger than tape, 2867765 KB, but cannot incremental dump newdisk
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:12:47 -0400
On Thursday 16 June 2005 08:28, Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator
wrote:
>Hi just posted it

Where?  It didn't make it to here so we can verify what you have.

>When I first configured I did rub the command that took for ever and
> a day.
>
>But I did have a 20gb tape in the drive.

Two things Chuck:

1) did you transfer the results into a new tapetype verse in your
amanda.conf?

2)  Is the '?' key broken on your keyboard?  We are infering from the
words that you are asking a question, but it would be nicer if it was
properly marked.

>Cheers
>
>Is there a way to reset it as I have edited the
>
>On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 14:20 +0200, Montagni, Giovanni wrote:
>> Have you ever run amtapetype command? it seems amanda doesn't
>> recognize entire tape lenght...
>>
>> could paste us your tape definition?
>>
>> another stupid thing, is the tape rewinded?
>>
>> Giovanni

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: