Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover to a smb share

2005-06-10 10:36:57
Subject: Re: amrecover to a smb share
From: Filip Rembiałkowski <filip AT kolmet.com DOT pl>
To: uwe.kaufmann AT infoconsult DOT nu
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:13:09 +0200
At 06/09/05 16:37, uwe.kaufmann AT infoconsult DOT nu wrote:
Dear All,

Today I did a successful backup of a win2k client via
samba3-client-3.0.14a-20. I think it was successful even having the
"STRANGE" dump details shown below.

Yes, this "strange" appears from samba 3.0.13 and can be ignored.

But I am _not_ successful in restoring a file via smb (restoring via tar
works fine).

Here are my commands:
# amrecover daily
sethost nike
setdisk //balu/eeig
setmode smb
add Perso*
extract

and the error message:

Restoring files into directory /root
(unless it is a Samba backup, that will go through to the SMB server)
Continue [?/Y/n]? y

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst0 on host localhost.
Load tape daily03 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? y

.\Perso_Uwe.jpg: Not enough '\' characters in service
[cut smbclient's warning]

extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

Seems like amnrecover constructed wrong smbclient call...

Which Amanda version?

does this:
# amrestore -p -l daily03 /dev/nst0 nike '//balu/eeig' | \
 smbclient //some/whereelse -U winuser%winpass -Tx -

work?

maybe try to locate full restore command in logs...

--
Filip Rembiałkowski
Administrator sieci