Amanda-Users

R: Search file in amanda database

2005-06-10 06:15:12
Subject: R: Search file in amanda database
From: "Montagni, Giovanni" <gmontagni AT manord DOT com>
To: "Anthony Valentine" <avalentine AT sbsalaska DOT com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:48:30 +0200
Your script is beautiful, but on my server it didn't works. i have changed the
path correctly, but it give me this error:

: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I'd like to use your script, because is better than my very simple script
(shown below) :)

#!/bin/sh
ls /etc/amanda/
echo 'Give me config name: '
read CONFIG
cd `amgetconf $CONFIG indexdir`
echo 'Give me filename or regular expression to find it: '
read FNAME
echo 'Searching... please, wait... when finished, look at timpestamp'
zgrep $FNAME */*/*|more
echo 'Give me timestamp from the result of search (ex. 20050607): '
read TIMESTMP
echo 'Tape label: '
grep $TIMESTMP /etc/amanda/bkalfa/tapelist
echo 'Now you have the path, filename and tape label, you can restore file(s) la
unching amrecover'

best regards,
Giovanni